Cant forward photos sent with emails

dolphinaber 17:19 08 Feb 09

Its just happened. When I try to forward an email which has a photo the email goes OK but not the photo.Any thoughts please.
AOL. Vista.

Technotiger 17:23 08 Feb 09

That is because you do not have the actual photo on your hard drive.

You should first save the Photos to your My Pictures and then re-send them with another email in the normal way.

ened 17:27 08 Feb 09

Not true.

dolphinaber 17:44 08 Feb 09

Hi Well up to yesterday when ever I got an email from my friends containing maybe a joke as an example and included a photo and I want to forward to other friends they get the email but they all complain `Wheres the photo or series of photos` if thats the case.
I have tried one or two ideas by forwarding to myself but no luck.
Always could before!
Thanks

ened 18:03 08 Feb 09

I'm sure there will be a simple answer.
But in the meantime try a syatem restore to a time when it was working.

Technotiger 18:21 08 Feb 09

Another reason this can happen is down to the Format of the Images - .jpg and .bmp are normally fine, however .gif might or might not work, other extensions often don't work at all.

Switcher 18:21 08 Feb 09

Try TOOLS > Options > Send > tick mail sending HTML Then advanced and tick Send pictures with Messages.

woodchip 18:38 08 Feb 09

I agree thats what happens with vista, you need to save the photos as above then attach as normal to you mail

ened 18:55 08 Feb 09

I am using Vista Ultimate and have no problem: message in -message out in it's entirety with nothing saved to my Hard Drive.

woodchip 18:57 08 Feb 09

It May be the Mail Program that you use, Its just that my son had the same problem

dolphinaber 22:02 08 Feb 09

Thanks all. Can you please tell me where I will find the Tools I need. I clicked on the Tools in the window but internet options came up with no options to click on so could not click on send.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant