can`t find wireless connection

shannow68 13:10 11 Apr 06

i have just purchased a toshiba l20 laptop ans i also possess a bt voyager 2110 wireless router
the router is connected to my desktop pc by an ethernet coonection and that works fine
but when i switch on the laptop the wireless network connection does not pickup the router
the wireless light on the router is on and i know that the wireless connection is working ,as it has picked up another network ,it should just find the bt voyager router but it cdoes not
please can i have some help in this problem

Botch Casually 15:54 11 Apr 06

Have you checked that the laptop has the same channel as the router selected?

mgmcc 18:47 11 Apr 06

Is the router set to broadcast its SSID, otherwise it will be invisible when you scan for Available Wireless Networks?

shannow68 19:13 11 Apr 06

how can i check to see if this is the case i have run a diagnostic on the router and it outputting a wireless signal

mammak 19:19 11 Apr 06

Have you entered a pass phase key found on the underside of the router into your wireless facility?

shannow68 19:57 11 Apr 06

yes still doesn`t find it though

mammak 20:48 11 Apr 06

total nightmare networks are they not since my post to you, have just installed MS updates and have now lost my entire network all I have at present is ICS,
but I am sure your problem will be sorted by someone on the forum good luck.

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:06 11 Apr 06

Have you got the Wireless Zero config enabled so that Windows can configure your connection. If its on and you right click your "TV" icon then you should be able to click "View available Wireless networks" and the voyager should appear in the window.

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:15 11 Apr 06

Voyager home is 192.168.1.1 type after http:\\ on your desktop and check settings. If the router has had an encryption key applied then your laptop will need the same key.

shannow68 23:20 11 Apr 06

have windows config on but still not picking up router also tried typing in manually the ssid into laptop but still not finfding the router

woodchip 23:50 11 Apr 06

The settings in the router and Laptop have to be the same. i.e as above SSID and password etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…