Can't Find SYMSTORE.dll

KrySTaL-KoDE 13:47 08 Jan 03
  KrySTaL-KoDE 13:47 08 Jan 03

Ever since I reinstalled Windows XP Home, this message box appears every time on startup. I've tried to describe it here:

Title: ccRegVfy.exe - Unable To Locate Component

Text: This application has failed to start because SYMSTORE.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This is very annoying to me and I really wish someone among you can help me out. What application do I have to reinstall in order to repair SYSSTORE.dll (whatever that is)?

I'd be much obliged if you could solve my problem.

Mac & Beth 13:52 08 Jan 03

Common Client Registry Integrity Verifier. This is not a Task List item, it is purely a startup task which, on Windows boot-up, checks the integrity of the Windows Registry entries for Norton AntiVirus 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2003 in case they may have been modified by a hacker or a new as yet unknown virus. Once done, this task terminates.

Norton AntiVirus 2003 is the culprit

Mac & Beth 13:53 08 Jan 03

Common Client Registry Integrity Verifier. This is not a Task List item, it is purely a startup task which, on Windows boot-up, checks the integrity of the Windows Registry entries for Norton AntiVirus 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2003 in case they may have been modified by a hacker or a new as yet unknown virus. Once done, this task terminates.

Norton AntiVirus 2003 is the culprit

Mac & Beth 13:54 08 Jan 03

Is from Norton Internet Security or Personal Firewall

KrySTaL-KoDE 13:59 08 Jan 03

Mac & Beth, but I am using Norton AntiVirus 2002, so how should I solve the problem? Do you think reinstalling AntiVirus would stop the annoyiong pop-up message?

Thanks for your reply, Mac & Beth

Mac & Beth 15:53 08 Jan 03

I would certianly give it a go as it'll probably put the file back thats missing.

KrySTaL-KoDE 18:17 08 Jan 03

Thanks, M&B. I'll give it a go. I'll let you know if I'm still having problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…