can't find Publisher

palinka 16:35 22 Jan 08

Just installed MS Office2000 on my new Vista machine, but there is no sign of Publisher, which I’ve used on my laptop (XP) and thought was part of Office 2000.
Can someone remind me where it is, please?

uesquebeathus 16:46 22 Jan 08

There are many versions of Office and of Office 2000 and some are made on more that one disk, Publisher being on the second disk, PhotoEditor, Powerpoint and Frontpage on others, there is one version where the basic version of Publisher is part of a one disk install. During the installation you might have noticed an item on do you want to install common components or do you want to select others, then you could have ticked box's to add others, at that point you should have been able to select whatever you decided to include.
Common components may not be the exact wording but it is similar.
if you have a larger hard drive tick
"all to be run from the hard drive"

uesquebeathus 17:00 22 Jan 08

I have had another look at the Office , if you have already installed put the CD back in and then if it does not start autoplay then explore the CD for Setup
click on that then select
"Add Remove Features"
Then see if Publisher is listed if not then you will have to find disk number two as that does contain Publisher. as it is the second Item below "Small Business Tools"
then click each box they will ask "run all from Computer" or from CD.

Totally-braindead 17:13 22 Jan 08

I think it depends on the version you have, if you follow uesquebeathus instructions and theres no sign of it then perhaps the version you have doesn't have Publisher on it.
I might be wrong but I think the standard version of Office 2000 did not have Publisher on it and you needed the Professional version. I could be wrong but thats what I think is true.

Sea Urchin 17:19 22 Jan 08

I run Office 2000 Premium, and Publisher, Small Business Tools and Clip Art are on Disc 2

palinka 18:17 22 Jan 08

thanks, folks. It's Office 2000 Professional.

Publisher's not on disk 1 - I've looked there again following uesquebeathus's instructions. I'll look at Disk 2 in more detail.
But right now got more pressing problem for which I'll start another thread.

Simsy 21:05 22 Jan 08

on disc 2.

Regards,

Simsy

palinka 21:16 22 Jan 08

thanks , Simsy.

palinka 22:12 22 Jan 08

thanks, all done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…