can't find network

bracken78 18:12 18 Nov 05

hi all.
Bit new to this so help much appreciated. I’ve been trying to setup a wireless network for tow laptops, and a desktop. The desktop is working fine using the Dlink DSL-G604T. (Although it seems really slow 2mb BB from tiscally)

When the laptop refreshes to find new networks it comes up with three. But not one I recognise. They all have names, and I haven’t given the wireless box a name (that I know of). How can I give the wireless box a name so that it comes up on the list and can connect to it wirelessly. Also I have the mac code, but don’t know where to enter it.

I hope this make since to someone.

I can hardwire any computer to the DLink box and they work fine.

inneedofhelp 18:28 18 Nov 05

on the pc which is connected(by wire) to your router, open up IE, then type in to your manual for its IP address if that doesnt work)

Then it should open up a settings homepage(it might ask for a user name/password, usually this is admin and admin, again refer to your manaul.

Then under SIDD, enter a name which you want and save.

bracken78 18:31 18 Nov 05

cheers, for your help, i've just solved the problem. all i had to do was enter the encription key.

thanks for the reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…