cant find my laptops graphics drivers?

agent 47 08:13 07 Aug 07

hi,
i have a dell latitude cpi d266xt laptop,
it was second hand when i got it. and it had xp pro on it, so i installed a tiny xp version and i forgot to check the graphics drivers, and now i cant find one anywhere? i have been on to dells support site but they dont list any graphics drivers for the model? also ive searched on drivers guide, and they only seem to have graphic card drivers for early operating systems listed,
surely there must be one available if it was ok before i reinstalled?
thanks. agenthank!

wotbus@ 08:45 07 Aug 07

I am assuming you have a display using only mobo on-board graphics?
Install and run Everest Home:
click here
This will tell you just about everything you need to know about your fitted graphics card. From this you should be able to find your way to the manufacturers site or elsewhere for the driver.
Have you tried the MS update facility? Sometimes this will find an updated driver for you.
Have you tried updating the driver via Device Manager and letting Windows search the net for a driver?

Ashrich 09:02 07 Aug 07

Your graphics are supplied by a Neo Magic 2160 2mb card , you would be able to use drivers from other PC laptop manufacturers not just Dell , the driver will be the same for all . Try one for 98se or 98me for the XP install .

Ashley

agent 47 09:03 07 Aug 07

yes im using mobo graphics atm,
i have tried microsoft update and searching through device manager but nothing comes up, i have looked through dells site, and the only info i can get is that its a neomagic graphics.
anyway i will try the click here option then get back to you. thanks!

norman47 09:15 07 Aug 07

Drivers for 98 and 98se click here

agent 47 16:07 07 Aug 07

hi,
ive tried driver from norman47, but it said not compatable with win xp.
so i searched on pcdrivers.com and downloaded 1 that was for xp, and it installed but not properly, there was a full yellow question mark in device manager and now there is a small 1?
i dont know what else to try?

Ashrich 16:21 07 Aug 07

I have found another driver , it may be the one you already have though , file ...1071ea04.exe , you need to extract it to a floppy disk and run it from there , the link is ...click here , you need to either sign up or see some adverts before you can download it .

Ashley

agent 47 08:50 08 Aug 07

i have tried those drivers, but it just says not compatible with xp?
but it was working before i did the install, so there must be drivers somewhere?
thanks, agenthank!

wotbus@ 09:36 08 Aug 07

Try here and click on the Run Free Scan thingy, may turn up something:
click here
The Neomagic site is a much use a chocolate fireguard...
Good luck.

agent 47 10:08 08 Aug 07

yes your right wotbus@ the neosite is c***
anyway im going to install a full version of xp,
instead of the tinyxp, and see if that will help, rather than searching for a driver all my life:)
ill post back when im done!
thanks guys, agenthank!

umbongo(uk) 11:32 08 Aug 07

lattitude use the driver tht comes with xp
as its supposed to be for all older end onboard graphics
the one supplied should be adeqet
the ones that are from the dell site are because the lattitude series were made for 95/98/nt os

why are you having problems with the display image ?

or just looking for updates ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now