cant find my dbx and wab files

kiz 17:26 01 Oct 03

I am trying to backup OE6 and have tried to follow threads from earlier solutions. When I search for *.dbx or *.wab, I can find no files. Also when I follow the thread C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settins\Application data\Identities\{string} etc. at the {string} stage there is nothing in this folder! I have my hidden files showing. I have search for inbox.dbx but no luck either. I have checked where they are stored by going to tools>options>maintenance etc. and they are as above. So where are they? I am running WinXP.
Thanks in advance

MAJ 18:03 01 Oct 03

They should be at the default path of:

E:\Documents and Settings\kiz\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{$TRING}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

if you haven't changed your store folder, that is, kiz. If you've searched for *.dbx files and can't find them, then, at the moment, I'm at a loss.

kiz 18:14 01 Oct 03

Do you mean E:? That is the recovery disc but I have looked there anyway. I have also searched C and D (my backup). Anyone else with any ideas?

MAJ 18:24 01 Oct 03

Sorry kiz, E: is my drive, I just copied and pasted and forgot to change that bit. Your's will be C: or D:

MAJ 18:26 01 Oct 03

Are you using Outlook Express (OE) or Outlook, kiz? If you're using Outlook, it'll be a .pst file you need to search for.

kiz 18:40 01 Oct 03

No I'm using Outlook express. Have just tried to look for pst files anyway, no luck.

BurrWalnut 19:14 01 Oct 03

Try OE, Tools, Options, Maintenance Tab and click on Store Folder. It will show you where you mail boxes are stored.

kiz 20:35 01 Oct 03

Hi again,
well I have resolved it by doing what you said, BurrWalnut but then copying and pasteing the exact file from the store folder into search. I had checked the file before but I must have got soemthing wrong. Still cant get there by searching for *.dbx but never mind. At least it is resolved. Thanks alot.

BurrWalnut 07:50 02 Oct 03

Kiz

You might like to do what I have done regarding the location of the mail boxes.

Go to My Computer and create a folder named My Mail Boxes and in OE go to "Store Folder" as above and move the boxes to the new folder. Then, whenever you want to look at them, etc. they show in the root directory as soon as you click on the C drive in explorer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…