Can`t find mouhid.vxd

CraftyKT 13:34 29 Aug 03

I am trying to install a Samsung cordless optical mouse (SCM-5100) on a computer running Windows 98. I keep getting the message that mouhid.vxd cannot be found. Have tried looking on my hard drives, mouse cd, W98 cd to no avail.
I cannot get the mouse to work, though the software loads with no problems and works with my normal ps2 mouse.
I followed the installation instructions to the letter and am getting fed up with it now.
Anyone have any ideas please????

stlucia 13:49 29 Aug 03

Try typing mouhid.vxd into Google. You'll get plenty of hits. It seems to be something to do with USB, and it can be downloaded for free.

alcudia 13:51 29 Aug 03

I assume this is a USB mouse. go to click here for the file.

CraftyKT 16:23 29 Aug 03

but the mouse still doesn`t want to work. driving me absolutely nuts now. :-(
Going to try in on another computer to check the mouse itself out.
if anyone has anymore ideas about why the mouse still doesn`t work I would appreciate it :-)
thanks for your help so far, at least I`m a step closer

CraftyKT 15:03 04 Sep 03

went back to scan where I bought the mouse from - they couldn`t be more helpful - foolishly I was following the instructions on how to get it to work. They told me how to do it properly and now it works perfectly.
Thanks again for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…