Cant find manual for Medion MIM2230 or change Ram?

buel 13:35 PM 11 Dec 11

Hi, Im sorry for the silly question but i've looked as best i can via Google but i cant seem to find how to locate the Ram on a Medion mim2230. I've took all the covers off from the rear but it's not there so maybe under the keyboard? Im not sure how to take it off.

Please can someone help?

birdface 13:52 PM 11 Dec 11
  buel 19:11 PM 11 Dec 11

Hi, i have the laptop/notebook infront of me and there simply is no MSN number!!!

Honestly, there is a model number, a s/n number but no MSN number!!

buel 19:11 PM 11 Dec 11

Hi, i have the laptop/notebook infront of me and there simply is no MSN number!!!

Honestly, there is a model number, a s/n number but no MSN number!!

robin_x 20:55 PM 11 Dec 11

Medion site is a pain. Any of the Exxxx, Pxxxx etc numbers ring a bell? Did you search the Serial Number?

What model do you get in Control Panel/System or SIW/Hardware? (Freeware download link)

The RAM is probably under the keyboard. See if any useful info here.

buel 11:54 AM 05 Feb 12

knb641005298 is the serial number but that still doesn't come up with anything on the Medion site?

All i want to do is look for the ram to change it. The laptop does not work so cant run SIW

lotvic 12:56 PM 05 Feb 12

Found a picture of the motherboard on ebay that might help

lotvic 13:12 PM 05 Feb 12

Found these instructions on fixya for similar model

"under the keyboard. you should have 2x ramslots located towards the centre of the laptop. first remove the battery, as you want no-power in the machine at all, due to electrostatic discharge, which will damage the memory, and or mainboard. Look carefully at the power panel, this needs to be removed before accessing the keyboard area. check the rear of the laptop, to see if there any screws mounted, at the top of the laptop base ( under screen Height ) if not. you carefully prise the control panel upwards, over the keyboard. take care not to damage any keys. i,d suggest work from centre outwards. until the power switch panel pops up out of it,s location. be careful not to lift too high, these are usually ribbon cable connected, but have enough room, to flip towards the screen. you should then find 1 or 2 screws securing the keyboard. same again ribbon cable connector. the keyboard should remove by sliding towards screen. tags into mousepad area. replacement is in reverse sequence."

buel 13:40 PM 05 Feb 12

Look carefully at the power panel

I do apologise, please can you tell me what this means? (It's best to be sure!!)

birdface 13:57 PM 05 Feb 12
  lotvic 15:03 PM 05 Feb 12

I interpret that as:

"Look carefully at the power panel, this needs to be removed before accessing the keyboard area. check the rear of the laptop, to see if there any screws mounted, at the top of the laptop base ( under screen Height )"

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…