the pie eater 01:19 10 Jun 03

when windows are load there are files it cant find to start they are vredir.vxd dfs.vxp ndiswap.vxd
it states that they are from a program that i loaded and then deleted from the system,and they are in the system.ini files under start up but i dont know how to find and deleat them anyone help

Pesala 01:29 10 Jun 03

If you just deleted the program folder without uninstalling it properly, it may have left the registration entries. What may work is to reinstall the same program again, then uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs or its own uninstall program.

the pie eater 01:33 10 Jun 03

Pesala thanks for that but i have done that but it still states that the files are in the system ini files i have to find a way of editing the system ini files but i am a total novice as such
but thanks anyway.

Dr. Charles 02:44 10 Jun 03

Go to start/find files and folders and find it from there. It should delete OK, but if you still have problems do come back.

DieSse 02:48 10 Jun 03

All these files are to do with Networking (inc Internet) If you delete all the network facilities and then re-install the ones you need, the situation should correct itself.

the pie eater 02:50 10 Jun 03

dr the files are been asked for by the system ini at start up they have been deleated i need to find a way of stopping the computer at start up asking for the said files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…