Can't find the file 'C:\WINDOWS\speech\speech.dll'

gsculp 16:26 PM 07 Mar 08

Trying to run my copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking 5’Essentials’ on my pc running Windows XP home edition but I get the message “NaturallySpeaking isn't installed completely. Please try reinstalling.” “can’t find the file 'C:\WINDOWS\speech\speech.dll' “. The program worked well previously on Windows 98SE

Is the “speech.dll” file normally contained within the operating system or within the speech recognition program?

Have tried web searches but have only uncovered sites which are too technical for me or commercial sites offering to supply “fix” programs and I am wary of of unknown programs offering to alter the registry.

Any advice gratefully received

Gongoozler 16:41 PM 07 Mar 08

I can't be certain, but I think version 5 is not compatible with Windows XP. click here

gsculp 20:48 PM 07 Mar 08

Gongoozler

Thanks for the link. I think you are right. I will have to splash out on a later version. Have marked the subject resolved.

Gsculp

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…