Can't find the file 'C:\WINDOWS\speech\speech.dll'

gsculp 07 Mar 08

Trying to run my copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking 5’Essentials’ on my pc running Windows XP home edition but I get the message “NaturallySpeaking isn't installed completely. Please try reinstalling.” “can’t find the file 'C:\WINDOWS\speech\speech.dll' “. The program worked well previously on Windows 98SE

Is the “speech.dll” file normally contained within the operating system or within the speech recognition program?

Have tried web searches but have only uncovered sites which are too technical for me or commercial sites offering to supply “fix” programs and I am wary of of unknown programs offering to alter the registry.

Any advice gratefully received

Gongoozler 07 Mar 08

I can't be certain, but I think version 5 is not compatible with Windows XP. click here

gsculp 07 Mar 08

Gongoozler

Thanks for the link. I think you are right. I will have to splash out on a later version. Have marked the subject resolved.

Gsculp

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message