can't find this driver for the life of me

Tris184 00:34 25 Jul 07

Ive got a Dell Dimension 8250, had it some time, have formatted it quite a few times cause i mainly use it for internet and it begins to lag after a while despite running anti-virus & anti-spyware regularly.
Recently It's been freezing on the desktop background right after i startup my pc. all it shows is the desktop wallpaper and does not load the start menu or desktop items at all. After shutting down the pc and restarting it a few times normally itmanages to start up corectly and all is fine, but it seems to be getting worse!
ive searched forums and read of people with similiar problems, some say to remove the graphics driver and let windows reinstall it?
Upon looking at my dirvers in device manager i notice that two drivers are missing - Multimedia controller & Multimedia video controller. Would this be my problem or has it nothing to do with it? I have searched High & Low for these drivers, i have tried several drivers from the dell support page; here is the link to drivers for my PC: click here=

but there are so many, which section do multimedia controllers fall under?

I thought of just formatting again but hoped there might be an easier way round it. Any help is much appreciated, i know this is my first post guys, im not trying to be a cheeky bugger but i really could do with some advice, infact anyone who helps me ill throw a few mix CD's there way for free, PM me.

cheers

ambra4 04:50 25 Jul 07

You need to re-install the audio driver & video driver check these sites

Audio Driver

click here

click here

Video Driver

click here

oldbeefer2 09:23 25 Jul 07

If you're having problems working out exactly which one you need, this site click here will tell you. You need to register, then by-pass a few 'are you interested in this pages'. The site will then tell you which drivers are missing/corrupt. Rather than then pay for the drivers from that site, go to manufactureres site and download from there.

Tris184 10:23 25 Jul 07

thanks guys, i will try those links at home tonight and let you know how i get on. Much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017