can't find Device Manager

fzappa 19:31 15 Sep 03

Hi, I need to locate Device Manager (using XP). The instructions I got from help pages were to click on Control Panel, then Performance and Maintenance. However the Performance and Maintenance icon doesn't appear on the Control Panel (though I'm sure it was there a good while ago!). How can I get it back, or is there another route entirely to Device Manager? Thanks for any help.

use the 'windows key/pause-break' keyboard shortcut to bring up the system applet then click the hardware tab and on that is the button for device manager.

alternatively change your control panel to the classic view which makes more sense as you will be able to see the system icon as it was on previous versions of windows

Giant68 19:40 15 Sep 03

Right click on "My Computer" and click on Properties from the drop down menu. Click the tab for Hardware and Device Manager will be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…