Can't find C:program

FatboySlim71 11:08 23 Jul 04

Occasionly when Windows XP starts up I get a little window opening saying can't find C:program but does not say anything else so I can't find the name of the program that it is looking for.Could anyone think of a way that I could find what is causing the problem.

dave_the_red 11:52 23 Jul 04

Do you have system mechanic or any sort of cleaning software installed. This sounds like a broken shortcut and system mechanic or other similar software should find and repair this.

Graham ® 13:11 23 Jul 04

Have a look in Event Viewer. Start, right click My Computer, Manage, Event Viewer, expand, System. Click on an event, Action, Properties. If necessary, click on the Microsoft link for more information.

FatboySlim71 09:16 26 Jul 04

I have downloaded system mechanic and run the startup manager and there found a program that was in the startup that was no longer installed and that seems to have fixed it,but the problem did'nt happen everytime Windows XP started so I won't click the resolved button till I have tried it further,and I will let you know.Thanks for the help.

FatboySlim71 09:28 28 Jul 04

The matter is now solved it is what I said it was in the previous posting,missing program in startup that is no longer installed.Thanks dave_the_red.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…