Can't find an audio adapter 3.5mm. 3input, 1output.

bumpkin 16:50 PM 22 Mar 13
Answered

Hi all, I have had a good look on the net but can't find one I think is suitable. I want to connect 1 tv and 2 Pc's to 1 speaker system. I have done it just with cables but it is not 100%, a few niggly problems. What I need is one with 3inputs and 1 output (switched if necessary)all 3.5mm. Seen plenty that are the opposite 1in X 3out but not sure they would work in reverse. Any ideas as to what best to use or another way of doing this please.

caccy 17:09 PM 22 Mar 13

I don't think you can do it because you would be connecting 3 outputs together and they could destroy each other by feeding into one another.

BT 17:35 PM 22 Mar 13

Perhaps an Audio mixer something like this

Audio Mixer

From Keene Electronics.

If this isn't quite what you need have a browse as if Keene haven't got what you need it probably isn't available.

rdave13 18:42 PM 22 Mar 13

A switch like this might be OK?

bumpkin 19:35 PM 22 Mar 13

caccy, that is the problem I have using just cables and a splitter. I was looking for a switching device so that only one was connected at a time or something with electronics in it to prevent this. BT, looks good but all the connectors appear to be phono. rdave13, that is the kind of thing I need but again is phono. I would need 4 3.5mm X phone adapters to do it. Cheap enough but I wanted to keep things as simple as possible, the more connectors the more potential problems. If that is the only way to do it then I will have to try it. As it is I only have to switch a few cables around anyway but I always have to look for the right gadget if it exists.

rdave13 21:49 PM 22 Mar 13

Phono is audio?

bumpkin 22:28 PM 22 Mar 13

I realize that rdave13 what I meant was my connectors are 3.5mm jack type plugs not the big round ones that I refer to as phono,hope that clarifies

rdave13 22:38 PM 22 Mar 13

No adapters for them ?

rdave13 22:44 PM 22 Mar 13
  bumpkin 22:50 PM 22 Mar 13

rdave13, no I haven't as I said in my earlier post but I don't mind getting some, I will need 4. Was hoping to find a nice neat little thing with 3x3.5 inputs and 1x3.5 output but I can't find such an item hence my post. If adapters are the only option then OK.

bumpkin 16:21 PM 23 Mar 13
Answer

Thank you for your suggestions. Just to let you know I have now managed to do this using some bits & pieces I had. Not the neatest thing but hidden away and it works.

Ray

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites