cant find 2nd RAM slot for laptop

Jebiah 23:08 24 Oct 10

As the title says, its a Toshiba satellite pro l300-1ad i have 1gb ram in the panel underneath the laptop but i cant find the second memory slot, its not under the keyboard either as ive had that off too! does anyone know or have a link to a guide or manual i cant find one anywhere (and i dont have the manual either :P)

thanks in advance

GaT7 23:16 24 Oct 10

Try getting the manual from click here.

You're right it does have 2 RAM slots click here. G

northumbria61 23:26 24 Oct 10

There should be two slots located together - one underneath the other - otherwise you may only have one.

Jebiah 23:27 24 Oct 10

downloaded the manual but there doesnt seem to be one specifically for my laptop just general for the l300 series, and it only says about taking ram out of the bottom! damn this is annoying seems silly to change out 1gb of ram for 2gb when i can have 3!

Seadog 23:29 24 Oct 10

If it's the same as my mates Toshiba which we have just upgraded, the two memory slots are next to each other, only a few mm apart, with one more or less on top of the other. Look closely and you will see it, it may be under the one with ram in it.
They are very small but I can assure you, it will be there!

northumbria61 23:32 24 Oct 10

Manual Page 114 of 165 pages refers to Slot A and Slot B - Slot B is lower than slot A which appears to be underneath - the usual arrangement for a laptop.

Jebiah 23:41 24 Oct 10

Thanks everyone i have just realised now youve mentioned that, the second slot is above the other, its a double cknnector! What an idiot, i actually work with electronics and we build SODIMM boards!! Haha im retarded, thanks for all the help gonna see if the boss man will let me have a 2gig one :) cheers

northumbria61 00:09 25 Oct 10

Sometimes we can't see the wood for the trees !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…