Can't execute code from a freed script?

Roadgiant 14:48 07 Nov 04

I wonder if anyone can help me solve this ongoing problem I have?
On accesing various web sites I am getting the message :-

"Can't execute code from a freed script"

On some sites if I just click it the message goes away, on others it just keeps reapearing.

Following advice from hillybilly (thanks)in an earlier posting I have downloaded and installed J2RE with no success, I have also ensured that Disable Script debugging and JIT compiler are checked in the IE6 Tools Internet options (thanks to PA28 for that suggestion).
On the Java site a test says that JVM is running and I am using JRE Version 1.4.2_02-ea from Sun.

Unfortunately neither of these suggetions appear to solve the problem, I know inthe past that I have had no problems accesing some of the sites before, but can't seem to solve the problem.

I am using XP Home with IE6, have checked for viruses and spyware, nothing showing up.
Thanks hopefully in advance

VoG II 15:17 07 Nov 04

In IE, Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab.

Untick Display a notification about every script error.

Roadgiant 22:45 07 Nov 04

Thanks for that, but it still doesn't seem to solve the original problem which I origanally posted here click here and then hopefull clarifed here click here

I also use MSI live update for checking and updating my video card drives, and that appears not to display properly also when accesing sites like BBC the site displaysapparently ok but in the left hand corner of the status bar is a symbol that looks like a page with the top rh corner turned over and a yellow triangle with an explanation mark in it.
Thanks once again fror the assistance RG

Dan the Confused 00:11 08 Nov 04

Try the suggestion by jemminger click here (apologies if you've already tried this.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…