Cant enter anything in XP help or Google

pinfog1 23:19 26 Oct 04

Emachines 2.7 Ghz celeron XP Home SP1 - nearly new
I can connect to the net (via modem). I can 'follow' hyperlinks but cannot enter words into a search engine. I can't enter words into WinXP's Help and can't enter text to set-up an email account.

During many attempts, I remember seeing something about 'Script Error 30' but dont know if this is the root of the problem.

Can someone help me please?????

SEASHANTY 00:07 27 Oct 04

Copied from another forum :-

Comment:
I continually get in IE "an error has occured in this dialog Unspecified error". What is worse is it won't allow any clicking on boxed inside a web page to type in information. This problem has also blocked usage of control panel and stops all downloading. What can I do? I have run iesetup for ie6 on the computer but did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Subject: Script Error: 30

Reply:
You have run an online virus scan (with restore disabled) and cleaned all spyware out of your system ?
Have you tried the repair IE option ? Does it actually run ?

There was onlt the above single reply.

pinfog1 00:35 27 Oct 04

The machine DID have a virus but according to Norton Internet Sec 2004 (updated) doesn't now.

Another thing is that I cant get into 'User Accounts' in control panel or run 'system restore'.
Disabled by a Trojan maybe?

I'll look into that tomorrow. I was just about to try kicking it but..... thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…