can't empty bin completely.

elbecko 12:00 09 Oct 08

i can not completely empty my recycle bin as there is one thing in it that i just cannot get rid of, and its driving me nuts!

its an avs video converter and it won't go away. so that means if i have quite a lot of other stuff in the bin, i cannot just hit the 'empty bin' command as it can't do this, the converter stuffs it up.
so that means i have to delete everything individually.

any ideas how i can rid myself of this e-curse?

thanks.

hiwatt 12:07 09 Oct 08

Try emptying it in safe mode(by tapping f8 at boot up)

hiwatt 12:09 09 Oct 08

If that doesn't work you could also try this click here

Technotiger 12:37 09 Oct 08

You could also run click here in its default form, which just might get rid of it.

Technotiger 12:40 09 Oct 08

Also - where did you get the video converter from in the first place? It may be part of an installed program, in which case I would use click here to un-install it.

mfletch 13:15 09 Oct 08

Recycle Bin Corrupted - Cannot Delete File or Folder

This will permanently delete all files in the Recycle Bin for all user accounts on the computer

Please create a system restore point first,

Then

First make it so you can view hidden files,

Open My Computer and click on Tools | Folder Options. Then open the View tab. UNCHECK 'Hide Protected Operating System Files'

Then

Start> run and type cmd then click ok

at the prompt type RD /S C:\RECYCLER then press enter it will say/ Are you sure (Y?/N?) type y then click enter,

If that does not work try this way,

Start -> run and type cmd click ok

type cd c:\ click enter
type rmdir/s recycler click enter
Type y click enter

GBL 13:29 09 Oct 08

Try using Ccleaner, that empties mine.

elbecko 16:56 09 Oct 08

thanks for all the suggestions. in the end it was 'unlocker' that finally rid me of the sod!

thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…