Can't download from this site. why?

rawsongreen 16:35 11 Feb 05

When I tried to download a program from a website I got the following message.
Can anyone tell me what it means?

No File Leeching Allowed
Your browser or download manager/accelerator does not support "referrer_document", a necessary feature to download files from this site.

You cannot use bookmarks to download from this site

Diodorus Siculus 16:38 11 Feb 05

What are you using to download with? Can you say what site it is - may just be a bug?

rawsongreen 16:54 11 Feb 05

I am using Wanadoo broadband and the site is one that Toni b was reccomending for video/DVD I can't get into the site now but I think this is it
click here

VoG II 16:57 11 Feb 05

click here works OK here but the download took a couple of clicks before anything happened.

fuzzyone 16:57 11 Feb 05

rawsongreen,

this is the message i got.

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

looks like the site has server problems.

rawsongreen 17:02 11 Feb 05

I think I may have things mixed up it could have been from another reccomendation on this forum this is the site click here

rawsongreen 17:49 11 Feb 05

Thanks for trying to help.
I'm just using broadband.
I get to the site then click on ifoEdit096.zip I then agree their terms click okay and the next page tells me

No File Leeching Allowed Your browser or download manager/accelerator does not support "referrer_document", a necessary feature to download files from this site.

You cannot use bookmarks to download from this site

Could you tell me if you have tried it and been given the option to save etc.

toni b 20:25 11 Feb 05

Which file can you not link to is it DVD to AVI DivX MPEG Ripper click here

toni b 20:26 11 Feb 05
  rawsongreen 21:08 11 Feb 05

crx1600 downloaded the file I was trying to get for me.But I am coming to the conclusion that DVDSanta which you recommended is going to be the best for me.
I've edited my video with Windows Movie Maker and saved them as windows media audio/video files, could you tell me if DVDSanta will make TV viewing DVD's for me,or should I be doing somthing different.

Thanks for your help.

toni b 21:12 11 Feb 05

Should make dvd movie to watch on a stand alone player but becuase it is a try before you buy product you will have sponsor logos on the finished product (at the top and bottom of screen) the results are fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac