cant download pictures from memory card

bazzer25 21:42 29 Sep 09

I have in the past been asked where do I want my pictures to download to ie picasso windows but for some reason I dont get asked and I have to go to the drive the memory card is in I have tried other cards no joy
Any help would be most welcome

Technotiger 21:48 29 Sep 09

Check the connections on your card-reader, something may have become dislodged. Though it is possible that your card reader has developed a fault.

If it is a USB card reader, try a different USB port.

hssutton 22:00 29 Sep 09

Try right clicking on the "drive" and select "Open Autoplay. From there select Picasa and then "check" the box at the top which says "Always do this for pictures"

bazzer25 13:27 30 Sep 09

Thanks Technotiger and hssutton. Its an SD card I have tried several cards on drive F and and the card reader on the printern no joy.Tried autoplay no picasa shown.tried restore default copy pictures using scanner and camara wizard or any of the combinations applied then then ok but I notice when it doesnt carry out the selection its reverted to music instead of pictures or mixed .tried restart still went back to pictures .Any idea why ???

bazzer25 13:29 30 Sep 09

Thanks Technotiger and hssutton. Its an SD card I have tried several cards on drive F and and the card reader on the printern no joy.Tried autoplay no picasa shown.tried restore default copy pictures using scanner and camara wizard or any of the combinations applied then then ok but I notice when it doesnt carry out the selection its reverted to music instead of pictures or mixed .tried restart still went back to pictures .Any idea why ???

Technotiger 15:31 30 Sep 09

Have you tried a System Restore back to when it was working to your liking?

bazzer25 16:49 30 Sep 09

Tried a restore point. My computer wont let me restore to any point Hmm running out of options????

alB 17:45 30 Sep 09

You might want to try the Autoplay repair wizard from Microsoft click here ...alB

bazzer25 18:20 30 Sep 09

alB thanks for that

bazzer25 19:27 30 Sep 09

alB yep carried out further checks so far so good handy little tool the autoplay repair wizard thanks everyone for your input and help
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…