Can't download emails via Wanadoo broadband

RoA 20:43 15 Oct 05

I have been unable to access emails all day via my Wanadoo broadband connection.
As far as I can check from the Wanadoo website there does not seem to be any current service issues.
Apart from emails I am able to use the internet fully.
In Outlook Express I get the error message:
'Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F'
I usually check emails through ePrompter before downloading the relevant ones but this seems unable to access the Wanadoo server.
I am running XP Home edition.
Any advice or help gratefully received.

lotvic 20:58 15 Oct 05

I had exactly same message yesterday on a different ISP although I was able to download Hotmail with no probs. It turned out to be a problem on the email sever and NOT on my pc. Today I have been able to collect email with no probs so hopefully yours will resolve itself as well.

RoA 22:07 15 Oct 05

Thanks lotvic.
I am hoping the same applies. I can actually access my emails via fsmail.

PC Bilbo 22:19 15 Oct 05

Tiscali offer help re the error no. you report. Try reading their solution.

click here

woodchip 22:23 15 Oct 05

PS System restore is only needed for C:\Drive if that is ware your Operating System is. and it's the only partition drive that needs protecting

RoA 09:13 16 Oct 05

Thanks PC Bilbo, problem is still there today (Sunday) so I will work through your suggestions.

RoA 09:22 16 Oct 05

Problem sorted!
After reading the Microsoft webpage from PC Bilbo's suggestion I looked at my firewall settings and noticed that the Zone Alarm icon was missing from the bottom of the screen. When I reactivated Zone Alarm - success. Thanks again to all who tried to help

woodchip 14:52 16 Oct 05

Sorry looks like I posted the above in the wrong thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…