Can't download due to "Security Zone Policy"

Bargee 16:50 04 Oct 08

Hi,

I'm running XP Home, Firefox 3 & ZoneAlarm Security Suite along with Spyware Doctor.

I recently tried to download the latest version of Spyware Doctor, but it was blocked by my "Security Zone Policy". I've tried downloading other programs, including Windows SP 3, but all are blocked with the same message. All my settings appear normal & I've tried the help files in Windows, ZoneAlarm & Firefox for suggestions, but nothing is working, even if I add PC Tools to the trusted sites it makes no difference. I've tried turning off ZoneAlarm & its still blocked with the same message.

Its driving me mad!

Any ideas will be most useful.

Cheers.

MAT ALAN 17:12 04 Oct 08

click here

something here you may have missed...

Bargee 11:17 09 Oct 08

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I tried the link (how didn't I find it?)& solved the problem. Brilliant!

The problem is definately Firefox 3, as I followed the advice to delete Firefox 3 & re-install Firefox 2 & I can now download updated versions of existing programs. For those like me who don't have a copy of Firefox 2 from a previous download, you'll find it on some PC mag's cover disc, PC Pro, in my case. I think Firefox 3 blocks any file with a .exe extension, rather than there being an issue with IE7. I had the problem with IE6, anyway doing what I did is far simpler than re-installing IE over Firefox 3.

I will not being upgrading back to Firefox 3 until I know the ptoblem has been fixed by Mozilla.

Thanks MAT ALAN.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…