can't download attachments sent by e-mail

Simac 07:47 14 Nov 03

Can anyone help, I have a friend who as asks me if I know a solution!!

they say that when they open there e-mail and it as attachments they want to download it comes up with a message saying at the top 'OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail : ..........

Sorry they did not say what O/S they were using, but would this have anything to do with internet settings???

Can anyone help

VoG II 07:49 14 Nov 03

In OE, Tools/Options, Security tab. Take the tick out of block attachments.

Simac 07:53 14 Nov 03

thanks VoG for the quick response I will have to e-mail them to tell them what to do....

Thanks again I will get back to you as and when they sort it out at there end, and if all sorted will pass this up as being resolved!!

Simac 08:13 14 Nov 03

VoG had a look through my OE, went the route you said but could not find anything in there about unblocking attachments??

Noels 09:05 14 Nov 03

Do as VOG says under SECURITY. Virus Protection Untick the box thaat says something like. "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened etc that may possible carry a virus" (my words )

This is for OE 6

Hope this helps

Xevious 09:16 14 Nov 03

that's exactly it, had this problem before on a customers machine, unchecked the box, and problem sorted...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…