Can't Download!

Hunky 18:28 14 Jul 03

Hi, I've tried everything that I could think, but sadly can't download ANYTHING.Please don't tell me 'clean install'.....all other comments v. welcome.

Kryten 18:32 14 Jul 03

Are you using a firewall and is it setup to let you download? Try disabling it temporarily and then try to download to see if it is the problem.

Hunky 18:41 14 Jul 03

Thanks for reply. Tried it already......no luck. thanks.

spikeychris 18:42 14 Jul 03

If the excellent advise from Kryten fails, question: have you ever been able to download?

VoG II 18:52 14 Jul 03

What actually happens? Do you mean that clicking on a "download here" link doesn't work?

Hunky 18:53 14 Jul 03

Hi, all was well for the last year or so.I also keep a 'clean' machine, defrag most days & scandisk. OP=98 SE

Kryten 18:57 14 Jul 03

What software do you use to assess the internet, and do you use a download manager?

spikeychris 18:58 14 Jul 03

Do you have *spit*, Godzilla installed?

spikeychris 19:00 14 Jul 03

click here for some help

Hunky 19:01 14 Jul 03

Hi, When I click on 'Windows Update' in 'start menu', ...not a bubble. When I try to download from any site.....same result.even in this forum, 'click here' has stopped working completely.

VoG II 19:03 14 Jul 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…