//some 3rd party need geo

cant d/load remaining pics from camera olympus

johnnyrocker 11:08 09 Aug 05

i have had my olympus C830SL for a few years now and never had any probs with the 8meg smart media card. as i was going on a special holiday i invested in a 64meg card to give me plenty of options, all was well til i tried showing the 120 pics via slide show on tv when at pic 86 the camera beeped and powered off, tried various things and decided to leave it til i came home. yesterday i tried to d/load all 120 to my pc and same thing happens at pic 86 i get an error saying unable to connect to camera which is strange because it got the first 85 ok, i have tried deleting the 85 pics from camera to get the remaining but still get the same connection error although it shows me the remaining pics on the camera,

any ideas please?

johnny.

sattman 11:17 09 Aug 05

This can happen with cf cards if one image on your card has a fault or a picture has has not taken, check all the images on the card and delete the faulty image(s). It should then run to download without stopping. You may be advised to reformat your card after you have downloaded all the images.

johnnyrocker 11:29 09 Aug 05

but i am not quite sure what you mean, i can see all the remaining 47 pics on the camera and they look ok so how can i tell if i have a duff one or do i just try deleting 86 and try again?

johnny.

961 11:42 09 Aug 05

Can you confirm that the camera is either powered from a mains adapter or that the batteries are fully charged?

If you turn the camera off and then try a different card does everything work ok?

johnnyrocker 12:06 09 Aug 05

new batteries in place, can view pics ok, i dont have another card to check with (cant even find the old one at the moment)

johnny.

brambles 12:11 09 Aug 05

Can I make a suggestion - if you have a friend with a SmartMedia camera why not transfer your card into his camera & see if he is able to download all the images. The other option is to buy a SmartMedia card reader - it seems this is the trend nowadays.

Hope something works for you!

johnnyrocker 12:19 09 Aug 05

thanks brambles i might have to go that route but i dont understand why i was able to get the first 85 ok and the pc sees the rest but cam prog says cannot connect to cam.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 12:36 09 Aug 05

well i got a bit further and was able to d/load from pic 87 onwards and it then stopped with same error on 128.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 20:20 09 Aug 05

it is not really resolved but i got most of the pics and will try to get the rest tomorrow although i cannot delete pic 86 from cam and in the absence of any further input will soldier on.

johnny.

sattman 21:09 09 Aug 05

the indications are that Picture No 86 has a problem, try deleting this picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…