Can't dl wmv

zoobie 10:14 09 Aug 05

I like to actually test my videos once uploaded to my site in the .wmv format. Unfortunately, I can dl any other site's .wmv...just not mine. All I get is media player throwing an network error.

Since I've noticed people are dl/ing videos from my site to the tune of 150mb a day, is this enough to constantly (everytime) have media player give me a network error?

Case in point...a 1.11mb file I cannot dl -
click here

The above file either just stops at wherever if I right click then 'save target as' or media player will throw the network error.

Any help appreciated.

mattyc_92 10:16 09 Aug 05

It's Ok here

zoobie 10:39 09 Aug 05

Is there a way to uninstall media player and reinstall it without reformatting my disc?
I think this may be the problem.

mattyc_92 11:07 09 Aug 05

If your OS is WinXP then....

Go to "Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs" locate "Windows Media Player" and click "Change/Remove"

Now go to click here to download and install WMP10

Any other Windows OS's do the following....

Go to "Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs" select Windows Media Player and click Remove.

now go to click here to download and install WMP9

zoobie 19:01 09 Aug 05

You know, I don't think it's WMP anymore...I think it's my hosting. My WMP9 is fine.

zoobie 02:00 10 Aug 05

I updated WMP and asked my host...

I'll try installing the new mp10 but I really don't want all that garbage they're selling in my box.

This reminds me of the time I went to the living room to watch a movie. When I returned to my computer, it had dropped a file by itself and wouldn't allow me on the internet.

So much for reliability.

DieSse 02:12 10 Aug 05

It works fine for me too.

Just a couple of comments to ensure you don't have any other kinds of problems.

Have you got an OK to use this music on the web site - copyright and all that?

Have you got a hosting package with a big download allowance - 150Mb a day comes to qute a lot in a month - watch you're not in for some big bills.

DieSse 02:14 10 Aug 05

PS - I should have mentioned - nice site!

zoobie 05:28 10 Aug 05

The music just came off the internet. I think it's around $50 per song but I'm not sure of copyright laws pertaining to non-profit sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…