Cant disconnect from internet on LAN

Kitz E Kat 10:59 05 May 03

Hi i have 98 and NT4 using the modem on 2000 to connect to the internet, however i cannot find a way to disconnect from the internet, without going to the 2000 machine and disconnecting from there, any ideas?
Thanks
Kitz E Kat

3Toed 11:33 05 May 03

Kitz E Kat-
not sure if 2000 is the same as xp for this situation,but in properties of your isp network connection,there is an advanced tab.Clicking on this tab reveals an OPTION to let other users to control/disable shared internet connection.

Kitz E Kat 12:45 05 May 03

Thanks for that , i've been lurking in the dark recess of my computer and cannot find a setting to do that. HELP!
Kitz

Red Devil 14:24 05 May 03

Not sure if this is applicable to you but on my set-up (I have ME on one of my client and XP on the other and on my main computer) I have had to download and install a program called remote disconnection utility from:-

click here

so that I can disconnect the internet from the client computer(s) on my network.

Don't know if it will solve your problem but it might be worth a try.

recap 14:55 05 May 03

Does the Internet not log off when a user has logged off a client machine?

Kitz E Kat 22:05 05 May 03

You is the man , that program did the job just perfect, like i mean PERFECT. Yahoo, me a major happy cat, thanks man,i owe you one, i 've spent hours on this goin nowhere, now im sorted.
Thanks
Kitz E Purr Purr Purr :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…