Can't disable pop-up blocking - please help

bezics 12:37 01 Nov 06

Hi,

I've recently purchased an HP Pavillion laptop, and have been using it to connect to the internet via broadband. The problem is that I can't disable pop-up blocking. I know that in most cases this is desirable, but sometimes, some websites do legitimately use pop-ups to open second windows etc. I'm just using the preinstalled Internet Explorer to browse the web, in which I have disabled the built in pop-up blocker. Also, Internet Explorer came preinstalled with Google Toolbar, in which I have again disabled the pop-up blocker. There are no other third party toolbars installed (such as Yahoo etc). I am currently using McAfee Internet Security 2007, and again, I have disabled the pop-up blocker under 'Internet and Network' protection. However, I still can't gain control over which pop-ups I want to see- I still get a message in the very bottom left corner of Internet Explorer saying something similar to 'Pop-ups are blocked'. As all the other software I use is preinstalled, I can't think what could be blocking the pop-ups. Can anyone suggest what might be blocking them?

VoG II 12:40 01 Nov 06

Have you tried pressing CTRL when clicking a link to open a pop-up?

bezics 12:09 02 Nov 06

OK, thanks for your help, that's great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…