Can't disable onboard sound :(

lodger 08:09 03 Oct 05

I run win98se, and I want to install a sound card but I must disable my onboard sound which has the old error prone CM18330 driver....sadly, no sound settings can I find anywhere in the bios....and when I disable sound in device manager, windows keeps on finding it on start up, and then pestering me to install it again.....any ideas anyone ?

Yoda Knight 08:51 03 Oct 05

What bios ?

Gongoozler 09:43 03 Oct 05

--- or what make and model motherboard?

Stuartli 11:10 03 Oct 05

Sometimes onboard sound configuration is linked with onboard video Bios settings.

lodger 13:31 03 Oct 05

it's a socket 7 233mhz motherboard of uncertain origins....pci video card...intergrated cm18330 sound chip..an even older board i have gives me access to sound/video bios settings without any trouble .this one seems to offer me no options that i can find......

Yoda Knight 13:32 03 Oct 05

try playing with different hardware profiles ?

ayrmail 13:58 03 Oct 05

click here
download beleric ad visor and try and find more info on motherboard normally to disable on board sound you move jumpers on the mobo, so if you no the mobo no doubt we will be able to find a manual for it.

lodger 10:10 04 Oct 05

for the helpful suggestions, i shall report in due course

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…