Can't disable onboard audio

acer01 19:24 07 Jun 03

Hi, Does anyone know how to disable the onboard audio on a asus A7N266-VM mobo. I have checked the manual and can't find any referance to disabling the onboard audio. I have also tried the asus website but still didn't have any joy. And I can't find anything in the BIOS either. Please help.

Cheers
Andy

Philip2 19:58 07 Jun 03

You will have to read your mobo info as this will tell what to remove,there could be a jumper you have to change or remove on the motherboard.

Stuartli 20:03 07 Jun 03

My Elite mobo has an Award BIOS - the on board sound can be enabled or disabled in ChipSet Features' (On Board Sound) listings.

acer01 20:11 07 Jun 03

I have read the manual from cover to cover and can't find anything about this, I have also been all through the bios and still no luck. I have disabled it in windows device manager though.

Stuartli 09:23 08 Jun 03

Seems owners of various Asus mobos have the same problem...-

click here

BillEmm 01:27 09 Jun 03

in the BIOS section of your manual.

Look for MCP Audio controller and/or MCP Dolby Digital controller. These will probably be set to 'Auto'- change to 'disable'.

If I'm wrong - well, it was worth a try.

Time for bed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…