Cant detect new cd writer

mogwai 12:04 22 Apr 03

Hi
Ive just bought a new CD-RW (SONY 52X24X52),trouble is NERO will not give me the choice to use this to burn my CD-R's. Ive tried auto detect but, as I dont have the NERO cd, it cant detect it. My old cd burner was detected automatically but as that died on me I cant use it any longer, any other way I can get NERO to detect my new cd writer?

Offline 12:10 22 Apr 03

Is the writer detected ok on Startup/In the BIOS?, In My PC when in Windows?. If the version of Wero you have on was supplied with a writer in the past it may be locked to that particular make, although Nero usualy tells you if that's the case. If the latter is the case you need to buy the full version of Nero.

Offline 12:12 22 Apr 03

Have a look on this thread too click here

mogwai 13:01 22 Apr 03

Sorted
went to NERO website and downloaded an update and now its found my cd writer! Thanks for the link Offline :-)

cream. 13:11 22 Apr 03

Ah. Has your new sony cdrw come with a software disk? If it has is it nero or easy c.d. creator \ roxio?

The thing is if your new drive has software then it is usually bundled as OEM and will only work on that particular drive.

This would also be the case with your old cdrw, in as much that the software that came with drive will only work for that drive.

The solution may be to uninstall the original version of nero, for the old cdrw. Then use the new installation disk for the new drive.

If it did not come with software, unusual, then as Offline says you may have to purchase the full retail disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…