Cant detect my router but only other wirelessnetwo

infest 06:30 30 Apr 06

I just recently bought this HP laptop with a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network connection and seems that i cant detect my own wireless network but i can detect my neighbours wireless networks and the thing is, im in the same room with the router. how can i detect my router n use my connection?

mgmcc 08:03 30 Apr 06

Is the router's Wireless Access Point switched on? There may be an option in its wireless settings for something like:

- Disable
- B only (for 802.11b only to connect)
- G only (for 802.11g only to connect)
- Mixed B & G (to allow either type to connect)

Also check that the router is set to broadcast its SSID, or it won't be found when your laptop scans for "Available Wireless Networks".

infest 08:09 30 Apr 06

Yes the access point is enabled and SSID is broadcasted and authenticatd on an open system with 13 channel. WEP enabled.
I have 2 laptops and the one that im currently on can detect the router but the new one cant detect it.

mgmcc 08:41 30 Apr 06

Have you tried changing the Channel number in the router to a lower one? The higher channels are not allowed in some countries and it is just possible that an HP laptop's WiFi doesn't support Channel 13 for this reason.

infest 08:57 30 Apr 06

Ah that fixed the problem. Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…