Can't delete rogue folders- swap file problem?

TimCDC 22:26 15 Nov 04

I have 2 folders that have appeared in "My documents". One has a path that seems almost infinite and goes on like C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\My Documents\STQGHPJXLCVFIVFGFFIPEHPGOOEIARDCBDTWH\Deleted spyware on 2 July\I\l\d\l\w\l\ž\l\î\l\l\‚
While the other has file paths like C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\My Documents\QGQVGIAIOOCQDMCOJWLVSO\Ad aware\C\WINDOWS\Prefetch

I think they were originally caused by my use of Ashampoo Winoptimiser to delete some files (hence the name Deleted spyware on 2 July, which is the name of a subfolder that I had created elsewhere).

Whenever I try to delete these files, I get a response saying that windows can't do this as the files are in use, perhaps because one of them is a swap file. This is the case even if I try to delete them in safe mode.

I've run spybot, ad-aware, AVG 7 and an online scanner Panda Active Scan - the files don't seem to be viruses or malware.

I could of course leave them there, but for tidiness would like to get rid of them. Certainly I don't need them (I think!)

Can anyone advise?

VoG II 22:31 15 Nov 04
  TimCDC 20:46 16 Nov 04

looks as though that will do the trick - the site is down at the moment so I can't download, but I'll have a go later. cheers,

VoG II 20:49 16 Nov 04

The site is working here. If you want the file click my yellow envelope to send me a message and I'll send it by return.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…