Can’t delete a particular e-mail in Outlook

Onizuka 15:49 06 Nov 07

A relative forwarded me an e-mail containing a moving graphic and I now find that I can neither delete it nor move it from the in-box. If I try to drag it to another folder the message box says “Can’t move the items”, and if I try to delete it a message box appears saying “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.”

Restarting Outlook has no effect.

Can anyone help please?

johnem 16:24 06 Nov 07

Onizuka,
Presumably you have tried rebooting the PC. Try starting in safe mode and open Outlook, you may be able to select and delete the e-mail. Do not drag it to the folder, make sure that the e-mail is not open and then highlight it in your inbox list and select delete, either using the X or select X and shift together.
Hope it works.

Onizuka 15:21 07 Nov 07

johnem – thank you. The e-mail was received some weeks ago so, of course, I have rebooted numerous times since then.

I’m pleased to report that your suggestion worked. In Safe Mode I was able to delete the e-mail with X and shift together although X on its own only produced the same error message as before - “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.”

I will tick this problem as “Resolved” but I would still be interested to know what caused the original problem if anyone can enlighten me.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…