Can't delete nasty adware stuff

SPQR 18:23 23 Mar 05

In my c drive, a file called 'temp'has come to my attention, i do not know it if it was there before, or should be. It is full of files though such as 'edowpack' and 'cxtpls_loader_ff'- which mcafee and adware spy both pick up as being unwanted programs/ adware/ trojan. Errors keep appearing saying that they cannot start, and a explorer error thing comes up. None of my adware or virus programs can remove them, and if i try to manually remove them, it says i cant, because the drive may be write protected or not full etc.
How do i remove them?

AndySD 18:25 23 Mar 05

Try booting into safe mode and run your antivirus there.

SPQR 18:28 23 Mar 05

i have tried running it in safe boot, and deleting them that way, but when i reboot normally, they reappear! (could this be some breach in my security? i dont run a firewall between this and the old pc (network) - other than that, all my security is set as high as is resonable?

AndySD 18:31 23 Mar 05

In safe mode try going to the temp folder and the temp internet folder and delete all the files and folders inside each.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:32 23 Mar 05

May I introduce killbox that will delete any file on a rebooty ;-))).... click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:34 23 Mar 05

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:34 23 Mar 05

......and there is always Freefile........... click here

AndySD 18:35 23 Mar 05

Cheers GANDALF <|:-)> I will try it.

SPQR 18:43 23 Mar 05

well going in safe boot and deleting them seems to have worked for now. how can i stop them from ever coming back though? I have the latest mcafee security centre and adware spy, (with it configured for a network) and they dont seem to stop it.

SPQR 21:15 23 Mar 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…