Can't Delete Files/ Folders

Carol Sco 16:04 04 Nov 04

P4 3GHz, 512 ram plenty of HD space.
SP2 installed
Every time I try to delete 2 folders in my documents I am given an error:
CA4D27K5.: Cannot find specified file Make sure you specify the correct path or file name.
Same message but different file name CACT2VKR.
Both these folders and empty but show in properties as containing files, showing hidden files changes nothing, folders still appear empty till you call up the properties. They are not shared folders and are not read only.
Just want to delete them and ideas?

iambeavis 16:11 04 Nov 04

Try Remove on Reboot - click here

Sethhaniel 16:15 04 Nov 04

on old computer files folders were made on floppy disk and still showed when disk was removed - but then not allowed to delete them - are they still there after reboot ? ;)

Carol Sco 16:30 04 Nov 04

Have downloaded the Reboot but for some reason it aint showing when I right click as an option.
The developers site is down so I can't get any info support for it right now........will keep trying

rawprawn 16:33 04 Nov 04

Try renaming them and then delete.

iambeavis 16:36 04 Nov 04

Go into the program files and click on the .EXE, see if that helps.

Carol Sco 17:13 04 Nov 04

Have attempted to re-name them it makes no difference.
When I go into the programme files and click on any of the icons (dat file,and two applications)
it asks if I am sure I want to delete them on the next boot.
I will look for another download this one may be corrupt?

GaT7 17:21 04 Nov 04

Some more things to try - click here. Good luck, G.

rawprawn 17:26 04 Nov 04

click here Try the delete doctor download it and give it a whirl, it has worked in the past for me.

Carol Sco 18:17 04 Nov 04

ok think I am getting somewhere!
When I burned the contents of these folders to disc some of the file names were not correct and had to be left off the disc so I am thinking the reason is something to do with the files names as per the info in Crossbow7's link
Have downloaded Delete Doctor and it's ok for removing individual files but will not remove folders :( unless there is a way to select folders.
Thanks for all your help! You would think it would be easy to remove files..............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…