Can't delete a file. Help please.

murgle 09:42 30 Jun 04

I've been trying to back up "my documents" by using the Windows Backup and Nero. Every time it reaches a Web in My Webs, the following message comes up:

"This compilation does not meet ISO 9660 standards, i.e. it contains at least one folder with path depth more than 8 levels and/or a path name longer than 255 characters"

This is an old file which does not need to be backed up, so I have tried deleting it.

When I try to delete the file from my documents, the following pop up message comes up: "Cannot delete 0020_D~1: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name"

Does anyone please know how I can get rid of this file.

Thanks for your help.

Diodorus Siculus 10:08 30 Jun 04

My way around this problem is to create a zip file of whatever I want to put onto CD; my mail program, for example, regularly has very long file names. Creating a zip archieve usually makes it easier to burn to CD.

I am not sure how to delete the file though, if windows cannot find it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…