cant delete file

dragonfury 15:44 05 Jun 03

I`m having trouble tryin 2 delete a file on my HD,
When i try 2 delete the file an error always cums up:

Error deleting file or folder, cannot delete "file name". it is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

I`ve tried sum actions but still no luck, can any1 help? (it is an avi file)

Giant68 15:50 05 Jun 03

I've had the same problem with avi files. I'm running WINXP and i tried going into safe mode as the administrator and deleting it there. I've also had to rename files in safe mode before I can delete them. These two methods have worked. Maybe someone else will have a better idea, and maybe why this happens

Giant68

Gaz 25 15:57 05 Jun 03

Command prompt?

Try using a delete switch.

If you do not know, someone here will give you very clear instructions on it.,

Gaz 25 16:01 05 Jun 03

Wait until the AVI loads in XP as a thumnail, then make sure your Anti-virus is not scanning it or windows is not checking the length of a corrupted AVI file.

GroupFC 21:27 05 Jun 03

I knew I had seen similar problem before! Have a look at this thread click here and see if this helps.

Lú-tzé 21:54 05 Jun 03

The way I do it is by clicking once on the file and letting the windows explorer preview finish trying to load the preview of the file (video or graphic).

When that is finished, press the delete button and it will go to the bin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…