Can't delete this file

LeonV 20:14 23 Aug 04

I am trying to delete a large Pinnacle Disc Image file from my desktop, but I keep being told it is being used by another program and I cannot send it to the Recycle Bin. Is there a way of finding which program is preventing me from deleting the file, or is there another way of binning it? I'm not on a network and am running XP.

VoG II 20:16 23 Aug 04

Restart in Safe Mode then try deleting it click here

nick_j007 20:27 23 Aug 04

It also might delete ok after a restart in normal mode?

Nick

LeonV 20:53 23 Aug 04

Tried both restarts - but still can't shift it.

trevpearson 21:21 23 Aug 04

Try renaming the file, reboot and then delete it.
Trev

Dan the Confused 21:23 23 Aug 04

Try this click here

LeonV 22:36 23 Aug 04

Thought you had it cracked with this program, Dan, but the file's still there. I've just started to try to activate some system restore points to pre-date the problem file - but it will not restore to any I've tried so far.

kspatto 22:57 23 Aug 04

open up tools and tick show hidden folders (folder options-- view)some image progs instal small files to help organise them in the progs viewer

also try rmb on the file select properties and make sure that the read only option is unticked

you might find that you can only delete the folders once you have deleted all of the contents(dont ask me why I havent a clue but have come across this before)

patto

gudgulf 23:02 23 Aug 04

How big is the file? There is a limit to the size of the recycle bin. Try this ,boot into safe mode,click on the file (single click to select) then press shift and the delete key.This should bypass the recycle bin and directly delete the file.

One other thought...does the option to delete images not exist in the Pinnacle program itself?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…