cant delete extended dos partition

pc mad 13:38 17 Apr 04

hi, my hard drive was partitioned in to two, primary dos and extended dos partitions, i want to delete them both and make just one partition, i have deleted the primary dos partition ok, but cant delete the extended dos partition, when i try i get "can not delete the extended dos partition while logical drives exist" when i try to delete the logical dos drives i get " no logical drives defined, all logical drives deleted in the extended dos partition, but in fact they havent been, can any one help please

BurrWalnut 15:34 17 Apr 04

Go to this website click here to download delpart.exe to remove partitions that fdisk cannot deal with. It will fit on a floppy disk

Diodorus Siculus 15:35 17 Apr 04

Not sure about it but there is a good guide to fdisk at click here

hugh-265156 15:41 17 Apr 04

i think that an extended partition can not be deleted until all logical drives within it have been deleted.

i may be wrong.

hugh-265156 15:42 17 Apr 04

oh

you have done that sorry,cant read.

hugh-265156 15:46 17 Apr 04

click here maybe

Eric10 17:20 17 Apr 04

If you don't get anywhere with this then there is a utility called FREE FDISK which is part of FreeDOS click here that will delete all partions, even difficult ones. You will find it in the PROGRAM folder once you have extracted the zip file to a floppy. At the command prompt, when in the PROGRAM folder type: FDISK /? for a list of options. The command you need is FFDISK /CLEAR but should be used with extreme caution as it 'kills all known partitions dead'.

Rayuk 17:54 17 Apr 04

What os are you going to use if XP just do it through instal

pc mad 19:28 18 Apr 04

thanks every body for your advise, i installed xp and was able to delete the partion before installation, thanks again.....mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…