cant delete certain u r l 's

tedz 22:47 11 Jun 03

whenever i type a url begining with 'a'into IE6 i get two sites called click here appear in the address bar.i have cleared the internet history and all temp. internet files and cookies from internet options,deleted typed url's from the registry,ran spybot search and destroy and mru blaster all to no avail. i dont particularly want to turn autocomplete off either.i am running xp home, any ideas?!

VoG™ 22:52 11 Jun 03

CleanUp! click here

Click on Options button before running it.

tedz 23:03 11 Jun 03

thanks,just tried that, no joy. any other suggestions?

tedz 18:16 12 Jun 03

still no joy with this,any ideas anyone?!

VoG® 22:12 12 Jun 03

To the top.

powerless 22:18 12 Jun 03

Start > Run > Type: regedit

Follow this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

You should see "Defualt" and then a list of "Url(xx)"

xx is the number and they are in order. Select a Url.

For emaple Url1 and right click it and choose delete. Click yes to confirm deletion.

NOTE backup the registry first click here

tedz 22:22 12 Jun 03

powerless,thanks but already tried that and they're not listed in typed url's. where the hell are they hiding?? i'm assuming they're tucked away in the registry somewhere.

peterpan 09:14 13 Jun 03

have you tried spider, just a thought, I may be on the wrong track, apologies if I am.

Jester2K II 09:38 13 Jun 03

Or Adaware or Spybot - you might have Spyware adding the URLs itself...

hoverman 10:24 13 Jun 03

I have similar thing happening to you. Whenever I type the first w of www into the Start/Run command box there are six URL's listed which will not clear no matter what I do. Also, I have searched my system and cannot locate them at all. One is for eBay and the other five for the PC Advisor Forum site. They do not appear if autocomplete is disabled. I have learned to live with it since in my case it not really a problem - just niggles me a bit due to not being able to find out where the little blighters are hiding.

hoverman 10:30 13 Jun 03

Meant to mention that the same thing occurred with my previous PC after I upgraded to Windows XP. At that time I had three URL's relating to my on-line bank which would not clear. Several e-mails were exchanged with Microsoft Support and we never did solve the issue. Do you have XP installed as I have never had this happen with previous versions of Windows?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…