Can't delet a file.

chrisbenwalker 11:34 15 May 07

I'm having trouble deleting a file from my documents.

The File will open the sub folders within it, until it is completey open. Once open, the actual files inside wont open. One of them is a music file for example, and when I double click, it opens WM player, but nothing......as if there's nothing there.

When I try to delete the entire contents of the folder, I get the following message:
'Error Deleting file or Folder' Cannot delete (file name) Cannot find the specified file, make sure you specify the correct path and file name.

The size of the file is 735kb so there is definitely something there, although only small. Can anyone help?

Technotiger 11:39 15 May 07

Hi, sounds like a corrupted Registry, run CCleaner click here and then try again.

chrisbenwalker 11:43 15 May 07

Thanks, I'll give it a go

anchor 12:49 15 May 07

If that does not help, its worth trying to delete it from safe mode.

chrisbenwalker 13:26 15 May 07

Thanks for the replies,. I had already tried removing in safe mode, and Ccleaner had no joy. As a ast resort, I have just renamed the file to something else, and it's deleted!!
Ateast its gone now anyway! Would like to know why it happened though, and why a simple thing like renaming the file allowed me to delete it.
Thanks again both for the replies.

Technotiger 13:55 15 May 07

Ok, glad to know you were able to sort it anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…