cant cut and paste pictures off the internet.

truly scrumptious 17:31 28 Jun 04

i have got a new computer and i cant cut and paste pictures of the internet or save them either. it just wont let me get pictures aat all. i can cut and paste a whole page and the text comes up but theres just a space where the picture should be.
i have tried everything. hope someone can help.
im on aol 9.

Diodorus Siculus 17:48 28 Jun 04

Do you have an option to right click and choose "save as"? Otherwise, save the whole page to a directory of your choosing and then use windows explorer to open the dirtectory; the files will be there.

canard 20:37 28 Jun 04

Tried copy and paste?

Mango Grummit 20:42 28 Jun 04

Right click and choose "save as" as per Diodorus Siculus' suggestion. If you require further or more precise instruction then don't hesitate to post back.

M

truly scrumptious 07:25 29 Jun 04

i meant copy and paste.
the save doesnt work either.
i cant get any pictures off at all. i had this problem once before and someone gave me something i had to change somewhere but i have not got the instructions any more. i did nt expect to have the same problem when i got my new computer.
thanks for ur help anyway

Diodorus Siculus 07:56 29 Jun 04

By what method do you "copy and paste" as you put it?

Andsome 08:22 29 Jun 04

Right click the picture. From the drop down box select 'Save as', then using the drop down box at the bottom select Jpeg, this is a popular format, then at the top of the picture select a folder, I suggest 'My documents' or 'My pictures', ensure that in the appropriate box that the image has some form of name, and click OK. This is as suggested above, but with a little more detail. When you open your folder with the picture in it, a double left click should open it.

truly scrumptious 09:27 29 Jun 04

i have just done wot it says above but jpeg doesnt come up.?
i usually just copy and paste them but it wont let me. could it be something in the settings.?

smullan_2000 10:23 29 Jun 04

What is the URL of where u are trying to copy from?

truly scrumptious 10:26 29 Jun 04

it happens whereever i am. on all pictures.

truly scrumptious 10:26 29 Jun 04

it happens whereever i am. on all pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…