Can't create Network Connection

Jadioman 09:37 14 Jul 04

I have windows XP home. Used my recovery disk to restore windows and as a result lost my network connections. I re-installed my broadband software and although it installs successfully, when I click the desktop icon to connect to the net, an error comes up saying "Could not create dial-up networking entry". I have also installed updated drivers, yet that has not solved the issue. Can anyone help please!!

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 14 Jul 04

Have you gone to

network connections and followed the wizard there?

xania 10:35 14 Jul 04

You will need to reset your IE options so that it does not try to find a dial-up connection. In IE, go to <Tools> <Internet Options> and select the <Connection> tab. Choose the <Never dial a connection> option then, press the <LAN Settings> button and select <Automatically detect settings>. If you are using Outlook Express, you will have to make similar changes to your account as well. Go to <Tools> <Options> and select the <Connection> tab. Both dial-up options should be deselected then, press the <Change> button. Choose the <Never dial a connection> option then, press the <LAN Settings> button and select <Automatically detect settings>.

Jadioman 13:54 14 Jul 04

I have tried going to the network connections wizard in the control panel. WHen I got to the option to set up a manual connection, on the next screen which usually has 3 options of Dial-up; Broadband with Username/Password; and Broadband with no password, the top 2 are grey out so i can't select them! Thanks

Jadioman 08:48 16 Jul 04

I have re-installed windows and that still doesnt help?? Is something conflicting or what?

xania 08:59 16 Jul 04

Have you reinstalled SP1. If memory serves me right USB is problematic until SP1 has been installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…