can't copy and past onto a forum

Desperate-Dan 16:39 31 Mar 08

Hi, since I got a new all in one samsung printer I can't copy and past a doc onto a forum, once a doc has bee scanned, when I double click on it opens windows picture and viewer
even if I get the doc into a word processor I still can't highlight it so I can copy and past it, I have one scanned doc thats in rich text document I can open that in a word processor and copy and past it into forum no problem, I don't know how I got this doc as a rich text document I must of done it when I was trying the change the format, I didn't seem to have this problem before with the old lexmark all in one

DieSse 16:51 31 Mar 08

"once a doc has bee scanned, when I double click on it opens windows picture and viewer"

That's because scanners only generate pictures of things.

If you want to turn it into text, like a Word document, you need to get it OCR'd. Some scanner software will do that all in one operation, if you tell it to. Others you may have to do two passes - first scan - then OCR.

How you do it depends on the software that came with your AIO. Look in the help file for "scan to text" or something similar.

Desperate-Dan 17:12 31 Mar 08

DieSse thanks for the prompt reply and your help yes that was the problem, I didn't even know what OCR was I just tried it and it works great, Brilliant, thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…