cant copy to disk

seanxx 11:57 15 Aug 04

trying to burn music onto a disk, when i get to the final stage the programme tells me to insert a blank disc when there already is one in my goldstar cd-rw-ced-8080b. i checked the device manager properties and it is showing that there is no free disk space available even when the drive is empty. this is also the case for q drive. properties tells me that there is no free disk space when both drives are empty! win98se 191mb ram.

Smiler 13:20 15 Aug 04

Have you tried different discs ie different makes.

seanxx 14:15 15 Aug 04

just bought a box of pb dvd+r disks

SEASHANTY 14:24 15 Aug 04

I think you need CDR discs not DVD+R discs because it appears you have a CD Writer.

SEASHANTY 14:32 15 Aug 04

Checked on Roxio website and it lists your
drive as a CD-RW. DVD recordable discs will
not work in this drive.
click here

Smiler 14:33 15 Aug 04

"just bought a box of pb dvd+r disks"

therein lies your problem only CD-r or CD-rw can be used in a cd recorder

seanxx 19:19 15 Aug 04

thanks for all the help. it did turn out to be the wrong disks. i have a couple of disks that i can record music on but there are songs on them that i cannot delete. the message comming up is, "cannot delete track, access is denied. make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use".

SEASHANTY 19:39 15 Aug 04

CDR discs are available in almost all stores and local markets as well as PC outlets. You should be
able to get a pack of 10 or so for far less than a fiver.

seanxx 19:46 15 Aug 04

thanks for the reply, but some of my disks have only one song on them. it seems a waist to buy new disks, if i can delete the ones that i do not want to keep. surly there is a way to delete what is on a disk.

Smiler 10:00 16 Aug 04

You can only delete anything from a cd-rw disc. You have obviously used cd-r discs which can only be written to either once or in sessions but cannot be erased.

Smiler 10:03 16 Aug 04

This site will help you

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…