Can't Copy to a CD-RW 0r CD-R

mistfo 03:26 19 Mar 04

Running XP Pro and cant copy files to the burner. First i drop a file onto the burner drive icon >balloon pops up in system tray saying "you have files waiting to be written to the CD" >i click on balloon >click on file >click on "write these file to CD" >cd writer wizard box says "there's no disc in the drive, please insert a recordable disc in the G:\ > i've run defrag, error checking, Norton for viruses & reloaded XP with no remedy. Would a "Run Time Error Message" have any relationship?

griffon 56 00:29 17 Jun 04

Hi Mistfo,

Hope this helps, I've got the same problem and earlier I found a similar thread posted by 'mikeclough' at 07.50 on 25/5/04 to which the answer was to edit a line in the Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\CDBurning\Drives. Setting 3 means that your drive is disabled from recording, setting 2 enables it. I am about to try it.

GroupFC 08:47 17 Jun 04

I too have had this problem for a long time! (see my post at click here).

I have given up trying to make it work and always use Nero, but at times it would be handy if I could just "drag & drop" (don't have InCD, so this isn't an option using Nero!).

When I get home tonight I'll have a look at Griffon 56's suggestion (although I may bottle it - I've never done anything to the registry -never mind I know where to come if it goes pear-shaped!).

Fruit Bat 16:55 17 Jun 04

Ensure that the box "Enable CD recording on this drive" is ticked found in:-

My comp>g:\>properties>recording>

/\0/\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…