Cant connect wirelessly w/speedtouch 576 help!!!

ailsa42 20:45 02 Mar 06

Hello, please can anyone help, I recieved a speedtouch 576 router with AOL platinum, did not get any of required details etc with it, main computer goes on AOL fine but trying to connect a PSP wirelessly (it has been on a network on another pc and router with no probs) and cant! It just goes to the obtaining IP adress scrn and times out. AOL have been no help, been online for 2 days trying to solve problem with no luck, please can someone out there help me this is last option!
Ailsa

keewaa 21:43 02 Mar 06

I don't know PSPs, but is there a way of re-setting wifi security, if it was on another setting? Is there anything in the router to enable it access?

ailsa42 01:28 03 Mar 06

This is the problem, I do not really know anything about the router, have an AOL easy install cd but have read forum messages from people who got same package then had to find out other stuff online somehow, do you know anything about what the router settings should be?

Highly Confused! 14:05 18 Mar 06

I received the thompson speedtouch 576 router with the AOL platinum package ages ago but still can't set up the wireless. I want to be able to use my Xbox 360 wirelessly with it. The WLAN light is orange but no matter what I do, I cant get it to go green. Please help, as simple as possible as I don't know a lot about computers!!!!

ailsa42 00:44 19 Mar 06

ok cant guarantee anything as dont know about Xboxes but this is what I eventually did for PSP:
1) Open internet explorer (NOT AOL) and type click here into the address bar. This should take you to the router's settings page (yes AOL should have told every1 this and did not...).
2) Click on "Home Network" link at the left of screen. This should then show your home network.
3) Click on the WLAN: link just under where it says wireless
4) At top right of screen under logo there is Overview, Details, Configure, Help. Click configure.
5) Scroll down to where it says Encryption, and the box for Use WEP Encryption will be checked. Check the box for WPA-PSK Encryption instead. It will give you a new encryption key.

This should make the WLAN light go green, and with a PSP you can choose to use WPA-PSK instead of WEP, dont know if its the same for an Xbox tho. Hope this helped!

ailsa42 00:46 19 Mar 06

sorry, the number turned itself into a link... you type 192.168.1.254

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced