Can't connect to some websites with ADSL

OldBob 22:38 10 Nov 03

I have a problem with just a few websites, or some components of some websites failing to down load on ADSL. They work fine when I use dial up. It seems to have started when I networked (DLINK 504 router) a win 98 and a win XP m/c. I had two win 98s networked with NETBUI before this with no problem. To get the XP to work I changed to TCP/IP for the network and internet. I've checked the network dialog boxes and can't see anything wrong. Could I be missing something?

thanks

A_World_Maker 22:57 10 Nov 03

Have you got a Firewall on your router?

OldBob 17:16 13 Nov 03

I've been away on a business trip so Ive just looked at this question again. The router firewall IP filter is disabled. (I have zone alarm on this computer.)

OldBob 21:34 13 Nov 03

more on this:
I contacted my ISP again & they gave me DNS addresses to enter in the control panel, TCP/IP network dialog box. This seems irrelevant because it's the same as dialup which works ok. It does seem to work BUT I have also rebooted the router. Anyway, now no problem.

When I set up the 98/XP network I used the advice on click here I even paid the £5 to see the graphics. The result was no internet and no network so I put everything back - I think and just changed the network from NETBUI to TCP/IP. I can recommend the jokes on wown.

Wish list:
replace all the little dialog boxes with a few pages that can easily be screen printed.

When I get my new computer next week I will experiment with this one but leave it alone for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…